Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Cannonball is expected to take place between the 9th and 11th of September 2016 and follows a 1,000 kilometre approx. driving route around Ireland.
2. Vehicles have to be approved by Cannonball. The greener your car the better. If your vehicle doesn’t comply with this you will have to offset your carbon emissions with the appropriate authorities and provide us with evidence.
3. It is at organiser’s discretion who is chosen to enter and we are not obliged to accept any applications.
4. Cannonball is NOT a race or a competition. You must NOT compete in any manner with other participants. You must NOT place any bets of any kind in relation to the road trip. You must drive safely and with proper courtesy to all other participants and members of the public. In particular you must not drive recklessly. If you are seen driving recklessly or otherwise not in compliance with the law by the Organiser, its employees or nominees you will be prohibited from taking any further part in Cannonball.
5. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including all speed regulations, laws of the road, laws relating to the safety of your vehicle and laws relating to the possession or use of alcohol, drugs or other prohibited substances. If you breach any applicable laws, the Organiser reserves the right to prohibit you from participating further in the Cannonball Road Trip. You must participate in Cannonball in the vehicle you stated you would when completing the entry form. You will only be able to participate in another vehicle subject to the Organiser’s consent (which it is entitled to withhold in its absolute discretion) and subject to the payment of an administrative charge of €150. If the Organiser does not consent to you participating in a vehicle other than the one stated in the entry form, you shall be refused access to further participating in the Cannonball Road Trip.(and you shall not be entitled to a refund of your entry fee). The person(s) entering the Cannonball Road Trip must participate in Cannonball. If for whatever reason you are unable to participate, your entry place is not transferable in any circumstances whatsoever.
6. You will need to have valid and proper insurance for your vehicle. All drivers must carry their full driving licence and proof of vehicle tax and insurance. You will be required to produce a copy of valid insurance and driving licence when applying to enter Cannonball and at registration.
7. You must NOT consume alcohol while driving. You must NOT drive under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance at any time. You must NOT consume any illegal or intoxicating substances at any time during Cannonball. If the Organiser finds you under the Influence of alcohol while driving or attempting to drive while under the influence of any illegal or intoxicating substances the Organiser reserves the right to prohibit you from participating further in Cannonball.
8. You must NOT drive if your ability to do so safely and properly is in any way compromised by illness, lack of adequate rest, or any other condition.
9. You must conduct yourself appropriately at all times and abide by all the rules of the hotels and other venues used during Cannonball
10. The entry fee for your vehicle and any additional fees for additional team mates are due and payable within dates specified by Cannonball Ireland Limited. Failure to pay the full entry fee by the specified date will lead to either (at the Organiser’s sole discretion) you being refused access to and participation in Cannonball, or you being liable to a late payment fee of €150 in addition to the entry fee.
11. The entry fee per vehicle with two (2) persons in the vehicle is €2,250, which is €600 for the vehicle and €825 per person sharing for the accommodation. Additional team mates pay a standard fee of €825 per person. The entry fee for your vehicle and any additional fees for additional team mates are due and payable 21 days from acceptance to Cannonball. You are responsible for paying the entrance fee for your vehicle, plus any additional fees or fines which may arise and the fees for any additional team mates in your vehicle. Method of payment is by cheque or Credit Card. The entry fee includes accommodation and food for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A single supplement is payable if single occupancy is required.
12. You must be over 18 years of age on the 21st August 2016 in order to participate in the Cannonball Road Trip.
13. The entry fee does NOT include personal acquisitions, petrol (gas), telephone bills or other expenses and disbursements incurred while staying in any of the hotels, fines of any sort, or damage caused at any venue visited, which you will be responsible for paying to the Organiser in addition to the entry fee within thirty (30) days of receipt of an invoice from the Organiser.
14. You agree to indemnify the Organiser, its directors, officers, employees and consultants against any and all claims, proceedings and causes of action whatsoever or howsoever arising and brought against them by any third party as a result of your action or participation in Cannonball, including without limitation, your violation of any laws or regulations or your breach of these Terms and Conditions of Entry.
15. You must hold a current, valid and unrestricted driver’s licence.
16. You must obtain and maintain appropriate insurance to cover your participation in Cannonball, and shall provide proof of such insurance in a form satisfactory to the Organiser. Appropriate insurance includes, without limitation, third party motor liability insurance, medical insurance and personal liability insurance, in all cases disclosing to the insurers that you are participating in Cannonball.
17. The Organiser, its directors, employees, sponsors, advisors and consultants are not responsible if they cannot fulfil their obligations resulting from this contract (including without limit the holding of Cannonball or any part of it) in cases of fire, earthquake, and epidemic diseases announced by WHO, cyclone, flood, aridity, strike, lightning, war in the country, revolution, civil war, terrorist activities and similar troubles, blockade, embargo, confiscation and expropriation, and in other cases defined as Force Majeure by any applicable laws and regulations. The Organiser cannot be held responsible if it is not possible for it to fulfil any one of its obligations or if a delay occurs in fulfilling its obligations due to any reason or situation beyond its will power and control, including but not limited to incidents arising from the operations of law enforcement, the general instructions of any relevant official institution, provisions of law, Regulation and statute, instructions given by authorized officials, extraordinary situations, and other force majeure events. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Organiser acting reasonably decides to call Off Cannonball either before the Trip or during the Trip due to an incident (such as for example, a death or serious injury in connection with Cannonball, or an event that otherwise naturally detracts from Cannonball), such event will be considered to be a force majeure event in accordance with this Clause and the Organiser will have no liability, in particular and without Limitation, to refund the entry fee or any part of it to any participant.
18. If you are unable to participate in Cannonball due to a bona fide medical reason, and you provide the Organiser a medical report to that effect before the 21st August 2016, you will receive a refund of any monies paid towards your entry fee minus a €150 administration charge. No refunds will be considered after this date. There will be NO refund of any monies paid towards your entry fee for any other reason prior to or after commencement of Cannonball. After the commencement of Cannonball, the Organiser will NOT make any refund of the entry fee or pay compensation to you if you are unable to continue in the Cannonball for any reason whatsoever. Although all vehicles have sufficient time to arrive at each destination, the route of Cannonball is demanding. If you do not manage to complete any part of the route and are unable to stay at the provided venues you will NOT be entitled to any refund of the entry fee whatsoever. The venues and hotels are paid for in advance and failing to make use of them does not entitle you to any compensation or refund of your entry fee.
19. By ticking the box you are agreeing that you will not organise, invest in or fund a Cannonball Road Trip or similar event which attempts to replicate Cannonball or any of its unique features, activities and components or which seeks to benefit in any way from the Organiser’s branding or goodwill. Doing so will result in legal action by the Organiser.
20. If you violate any of the above terms and conditions or refuse to follow the instructions given to you during the Cannonball Road trip by the Organiser or any of its employees or nominees, you may be prohibited from further participation in Cannonball.
21. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse your entry or participation prior to and during the Cannonball Road Trip at any time and for any reason whatsoever (without being obliged to disclose the reason). In case of the cancellation of Cannonball or the refusal to allow you to participate further, no refund of the entry fee will be made.
22. You shall not be entitled to use the Cannonball logo for any purpose whatsoever (other than placing the sticker of it on your vehicle) without obtaining the prior written consent of the Organiser. In particular, you shall not be entitled to use the Cannonball logo on any website or in printed materials without obtaining the Organiser’s prior written consent.
23. The Organiser reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time subject to notifying you of the changes. You shall be deemed to have accepted the amended terms and conditions by participating in Cannonball.
24. These Terms and Conditions of Entry, Declaration of Indemnity and the Application Form constitute the whole agreement between the parties and supersede any previous arrangement, understanding or agreement reached between the parties whether in oral or written form.
25. You will be required to display all vehicle graphics provided on your car when commencing the event. Should any person turn up to the start line without Graphics, they will not be permitted to participate in the event.
26. By accepting these terms and conditions you are concluding a legally binding agreement with Cannonball to participate in Cannonball on these terms and conditions.